Terms & Conditions
- General Disclaimer
- Sales Order
- PRIVI Terms & Conditions
- Data Protection Policy
- Canadian Maple Leaf Bullion Coins Buyback Terms & Conditions
This website is operated by The Singapore Mint. By using and accessing this website, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of use ("Terms") set out below. If you are dissatisfied with any portion of the contents of this website, or with any of the Terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue all use of this website.
We do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, originality, usefulness, performance or fitness for any particular purpose of the contents of this website, nor do we give warranty, undertaking or representation of any kind, either expressed or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. In addition, nothing on this website shall be construed as an offer, solicitation and/or recommendation to any person and/or class of persons to buy any of the securities and/or class of securities referred to in this website.
In no event shall we be liable to any party for any damages, claims, expenses and/or losses of any kind, whether direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, consequential or exemplary, arising from and/or in connection with any use of or inability to use this website and/or reliance on the accuracy, availability, timeliness, title, non-infringement, quality, reliability, suitability and/or completeness of the contents of this website.
All copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights used as part of this website are vested in The Singapore Mint and/or its licensors. You shall not reproduce, distribute, publish, upload, post, transmit or hyperlink any of the materials provided through this website, including text, graphics, code and/or software, in any manner and in any form without the express, prior written approval of The Singapore Mint and/or its respective licensors. You shall also not use this website for any illegal purposes and in particular agree that you shall not send, use, copy, post or allow any posting which is defamatory, obscene, abusive, indecent or in breach of the privacy of any person. You agree not to send any unsolicited promotional or advertising material, spam or similar materials or any volume messages which may interfere with the operation of this website or with the enjoyment of this website by other visitors. You hereby agree to indemnify The Singapore Mint against any costs, claims, losses and damages (including legal fees) incurred by or awarded against The Singapore Mint as a result of your misuse of this website or your breach of these Terms.
We reserve the right to make any changes to the contents of this website and/or these Terms at any time and without notice. These Terms shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the Republic of Singapore, and any claims or disputes of whatever nature shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore.
- A collection letter will be issued to confirm your order(s) upon the clearance of your cheque or money order payment
- To avoid duplication of orders, use only one method of ordering, that is either by mail or fax or internet
- Orders are subject to stock availability
- Allocation of orders will be by ballot where applicable and orders may be partially fulfilled without prior notice in case of over subscription
- Cancellation of order is not allowed
- Delivery cannot be made to a P.O. Box address and the S$10 charges is applicable to Singapore address only; Overseas delivery will be charged accordingly
- Please allow one (1) week for processing and confirmation of order.
- Please allow one (1) to two (2) weeks for collection upon confirmation of your order
- Please allow one (1) to six (6) weeks for delivery upon confirmation of your order
- Please allow six(6) to eight (8) weeks for overseas delivery upon confirmation of your orders
- For request of proof of purchase by credit card in payment dispute, a minimum administrative fee of $25 will be charged
- Any import & custom duties arising in respect of your order shall be borne by you
- Partial collection/delivery is not allowed.
Personalization of ez-Link Card / NETS FlashPay / Cashcard
CEPAS ez-Link Card
The CEPAS ez-Link Card does not contain a travel deposit. To use it, you are required to first top-up stored value in multiples values of $10 at TransitLink Ticket Office located at most MRT stations and bus interchange. Card users can now use the full stored value of the card for both transit and non-transit purposes.
You acknowledge that the usage of ez-Link card or CEPAS ez-Link card is governed by the regulations and published conditions of TransitLink Pte Ltd. You agree to abide by their stated regulations and conditions.
The Singapore Mint does not provide a refund service for any damaged or expired Standard-issue and/or Personalized ez-Link cards. A refund of the Travel Deposit and/or the Stored Value remaining on a ez-Link card (whether valid or expired) can only be obtained by a Card Holder if the ez-Link card is presented at any Passenger Service Centre or Ticket Office at MRT stations and bus interchanges or at such other places as may be designated by TransitLink.
All Personalized CEPAS ez-Link cards shall be surrendered to and be retained by TransitLink upon refunds.
You acknowledge that the use of NETS FlashPay is governed by the regulations and published conditions of Network For Electronic Transfers (S) Pte Ltd (NETS). You agree to abide by their stated regulations and conditions.
The Singapore Mint does not provide NETS FlashPay top up service at our retail shops. Top up of NETS FlashPay is available at any local bank ATM, selected petrol stations, 7 Eleven stores and selected car parks.
The Singapore Mint does not provide a refund service for expired or damaged Standard-Issue and/or Personalized NETS FlashPay. The Cardholder may effect the refund of the Deposit and the Stored Value: (a) at any ATM, in which event the NETS FlashPay will be disabled after the refund has been completed; or (b) at any Customer Service Point, in which event the NETS FlashPay will be retained by NETS or disabled after the refund has been completed.
You acknowledge that the use of CashCards is governed by the regulations and published conditions of Network For Electronic Transfers (S) Pte Ltd (NETS). You agree to abide by their stated regulations and conditions.
The Singapore Mint does not provide CashCard top up service at our retail shops. Top up of CashCard is available at any local bank ATM, AXS stations, National Libraries, selected petrol stations, 7 Eleven stores and selected car parks.
The Singapore Mint does not provide a refund service for expired or damaged Standard-Issue and/or Personalized CashCards. The Cardholder may effect the refund of the Deposit and the Stored Value: (a) at any ATM, in which event the CashCard will be disabled after the refund has been completed; or (b) at any Customer Service Point, in which event the CashCard will be retained by NETS or disabled after the refund has been completed.
The Singapore Mint reserves the right to reject any photograph/image without assigning reason. Factors that may result in your photograph/image being rejected include copyright infringement and/or lewd images. Any inconvenience is regretted.
You agree and accept that the process of photograph/image reproduction may result in variation of the image of photograph/ picture printed on the Card.
Please allow two (2) to four (4) weeks for the processing of your personalized card.
Each card shall bear the statement "Printed by The Singapore Mint."
The Singapore Mint shall not be liable for any damage or loss of the photograph(s)/image(s) submitted.
The Singapore Mint shall provide a replacement card within 7 days from the date of collection by the customer should the original card becomes unusable through no fault or negligence on the part of the customer. The replacement card will be personalized with the original photograph/image. If a replacement card is needed for any other reason, the cost shall be borne by the customer.
The Singapore Mint shall notify you when your card is ready for collection. If your card is not collected within three (3) months from the date of notification, The Singapore Mint reserves the right to destroy and/or dispose of the card and no refund of payment will be made.
Prices and offers are subject to change without prior notice.
Other terms and conditions may apply.
Collection Letter / Order Delivery
- Upon the clearance of your cheque or money order payment, we shall issue a collection letter to confirm your order(s). Thereafter, no refund of payment and/or cancellation of orders shall be allowed. However, The Singapore Mint reserves the right not to process or reject any such confirmed order on reasonable ground, e.g. unforeseen stock unavailability, events beyond the control of The Singapore Mint.
- Order(s) is/are subjected to stock availability and orders may be partially fulfilled without prior notice in case of oversubscription.
- The Singapore Mint reserves the right to allocate any items based on balloting if a particular product is over-subscribed even if the order has been confirmed. The collection letter will set out the quantity that has been allocated to you, and The Singapore Mint shall refund you any monies that it has received from you in respect of any quantities that have not been allocated.
- A refund will be made in the event that a customer is not allocated the item(s) due to unsuccessful balloting or if the item is no longer available.
- Please allow one (1) to two (2) weeks for collection upon confirmation of your order.
- In the event that the order is not collected after a period of three (3) months from the issue date printed on the collection letter, The Singapore Mint shall dispose of the item(s) at our discretion and shall not be liable to refund any monies paid.
- You may authorize another person to collect the purchased item on your behalf by signing the nomination in the original collection letter. Collection will only be allowed upon the nominee producing original collection letter, photocopy of your identify card and nominee's identity card.
- The Singapore Mint reserves the right to refuse any collection at our discretion if we are not satisfied with proof of identity produced.
- A minimum administration fee of S$75 will be imposed if there is a duplicate collection of coins using both the original letter and declaration form. Customer is required to return the excess items collected to a location so designated by us or to pay us a sum equivalent to the value of the excess items.
- Please allow six (6) to eight (8) weeks for overseas delivery upon confirmation of orders.
- The Singapore Mint reserves the right to amend the terms & conditions herein without prior notice to the Customer.
Credit Card/ PayPal
You may use VISA, MASTERCARD and American Express credit cards to make payment for your purchase. If you have a PayPal account, you may login to your PayPal account to make payment as well. For purchase over SGD$3,000, please pay via Telegraphic Transfer or Cheque payment.
Telegraphic Transfer Payment
For Telegraphic Transfer payment, please notify the bank the amount that needs to be transferred to The Singapore Mint for your purchase. Please note that all fees/charges for the transfer would be borne by you, including the charges by the Singapore bank and the overseas bank. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for our Telegraphic Transfer information.
Please send your cheque to "20 Teban Gardens Crescent, Singapore 608928", Attn: Sales Admin (Website Payment). At the back of the envelope, please state the transaction number for easy reference to your transaction.
PRIVI Terms & Conditions
- To join as a PRIVI Member of The Singapore Mint, kindly submit the following:
- The prescribed application form.
- Interbank GIRO form.
- A cheque of S$200 as deposit, made payable to The Singapore Mint (refundable when the PRIVI account is closed subject to Clause 7 and 8 stated below).
- Each member will receive advance information of new coin issues and will be given a priority allocation* of all new issues of Singapore Numismatic Coins and foreign coins minted and marketed by The Singapore Mint subject to availability and balloting in the event of over-subscription. The member must purchase the allocated coin(s) within a stipulated period. The priority allocation does not apply to high value coins of precious metal such as gold and platinum.
- PRIVI Members may place additional order in addition to the coins allocated, subject to stock availability. Payment for such orders can be made using credit card or cheque together with the prescribed order form.
- All discounted issue prices are applicable for Mail Order via the official order form mailed to members during the launch of each programme and received by The Singapore Mint on or before the stipulated closing date.
- PRIVI Members must indicate via mail order their acceptance of the basic allocation for each programme. Should they choose not to respond to each programme throughout the year, The Singapore Mint reserves the right to automatically allocate the last 2 coin programmes of the year before the launch of the Singapore Lunar Almanac Coins of the coming year without prior notice.
- Each person is allowed to open one PRIVI Member account only.
- Termination of the PRIVI Member account by either party shall be made by giving one month's written notice. The Singapore Mint reserves the right to terminate any account on reasonable grounds. Upon termination of membership, the membership card must be returned to The Singapore Mint. The Singapore Mint will charge a cancellation fee of S$10.
- An administrative fee of S$50 will be charged if an account is closed within 6 months of its opening. The Singapore Mint reserves the right to deduct this administrative fee from the deposit upon the closing of the membership account.
- The member assigns to The Singapore Mint the right to transfer his/her account to a related or associated company (as defined in the Companies Act (Cap 50, 1988 Ed).
- Compulsory priority allocated coins not collected after the said period shall be automatically sent by registered post or hand delivered. A fee of S$10 will be charged. If the parcel is not claimed and subsequently returned to The Singapore Mint, The Singapore Mint will keep under its custody for a period of 3 months starting from the date of return. After which, The Singapore Mint shall dispose of the coins at its discretion and shall not be liable to refund monies paid in part or in full.
- Property of the goods shall remain with The Singapore Mint until all monies owed by the customer under this contract have been paid in full.
Terms & Conditions for Delivery and Collection
- Delivery cannot be made to a PO Box address.
- Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery upon confirmation of your order. Delivery periods are subject, at all times, to any delay due to war, strike, lockout, unavailability of raw materials and supplies, riots, commotion, accidents or any disturbances in the factory and /or any other unforeseen or unavoidable occurrence or circumstances.
- The Singapore Mint shall not be liable to compensate the member for any delay or short delivery of any reason whatsoever. The Singapore Mint shall fulfill any shortfall subsequently to complete the order.
- The member shall be deemed to have accepted the coins after collection or delivery of the coins to the member and he / she shall not be entitled to reject any coins which are in accordance with the order.
- Collection will only be allowed upon the member producing the original collection letter and his / her Identity Card
- The member may authorize another person to collect the coins on his / her behalf by signing the nomination form in the original collection letter. Collection will only be allowed upon the nominee producing the original collection letter, the member's Identity Card and his / her Identity Card.
- The Singapore Mint reserves the right to refuse any collection at our discretion if we are not satisfied with the proof of identity produced.
- If the member is found to have collected his / her order more than once, an administration charge of S$75 for each additional collection will be imposed. The member is also required to return the excess items at a location designated by The Singapore Mint or to pay us a sum equivalent to the value of the excess items.
- If proof of purchase by credit card payment is required by the member, an administration charge of S$25 will be levied.
- The Singapore Mint reserves the right to amend the rules herein without prior notice.
Data Protection Policy
The Singapore Mint respects the privacy of your Personal Information and we do not collect information about you without your prior knowledge. The Singapore Mint endeavours to do its utmost to treat your Personal Information with the utmost care and has implemented strict protocol to protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
This Personal Information Protection Policy sets out the principles and processes that The Singapore Mint has in place so as to meet the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA) and also reiterates that the submission of your Personal Information is voluntary. Personal Information or Personal Data refers to any information about you from which you can be identified. Examples include your personal particulars, employment details, educational qualifications, billing and payment details, and other information about your use of products, services, websites or for job applications.
By providing your Personal Information to The Singapore Mint, you hereby consent to The Singapore Mint sharing this information to other affiliates of The Singapore Mint for purposes of updating and enhancing their respective records and for The Singapore Mint and its affiliates to:-
(a) collect, retain, use and disclose your Personal Information;
(b) contact you by telephone, facsimile and/or e-mail; and
(d) advise you of products and services which may be of interest to you.
Such Personal Information will also be needed and used by The Singapore Mint to better the services of The Singapore Mint and its business partners, for tracking and verifying compliance with The Singapore Mint policies, for meeting laws and/or for fulfilling editorial and feedback solicitation purposes. The Singapore Mint may also share aggregate information about you with advertisers, business partners, sponsors and other third parties. This Personal Information is used to customise The Singapore Mint's content and advertising to deliver a better experience to you. The use of your personal information for these purposes will be kept to the minimum required. Where necessary, The Singapore Mint and its affiliates may also use the information to resolve any disputes that may arise. The Singapore Mint employees, affiliated companies or entities acting on behalf of The Singapore Mint with whom we share your personal information will be bound by this statement.
Other than those individuals and entities listed below, your personal information will not be revealed by The Singapore Mint to any external body, unless The Singapore Mint has your permission, or is under either a legal obligation or any other duty to do so. The information provided by you may be disclosed by The Singapore Mint to:
(a) regulatory authorities;
(b) lawyers/accountants/auditors or other advisors of The Singapore Mint;
(c) third party service providers; and
(d) any agents acting on our behalf.
Additionally The Singapore Mint may, in the following situations, collect, use or disclose Personal Information without your consent:
- The Personal Information is generally available to the public.
- The Personal Information is necessary to render a service that the individual has applied for.
- The Personal Information is required by law.
- The Personal Information is for research or statistical purposes, and that the results of the research or statistical processing would lead to an aggregate or de-identified Personal Information and would not lead to identification of an individual by any reasonably foreseeable means.
- The collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information is clearly in the individual's interest.
- It is impracticable to obtain the individual's consent at the point of collection, use or disclosure, and if it were practicable for the individual to grant such consent, the individual would be likely to give it.
- Legal, medical, or security reasons make it impossible or impractical for The Singapore Mint to seek the individual's consent.
- In an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of the individual or community.
The Singapore Mint uses industry standard practices to safeguard your Personal Information. Nonetheless, due to any limitation(s) in the current security technology, The Singapore Mint cannot always ensure that all communications and identifiable Personal Information will never be disclosed to third parties and The Singapore Mint does not promise that all communications and personal identifiable information received through its communication channels will always remain confidential.
RESPECTING YOUR CHOICE
As the Do Not Call (DNC) provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act take effect with effect from 2 Jan 2014, organisations are generally not allowed to send marketing messages (via voice calls, SMS or fax messages) to Singapore telephone numbers registered with the national DNC Registry.
The Singapore Mint will abide by the DNC provisions, and in this regard refrain from sending any marketing messages if you have registered your Singapore telephone number on the relevant DNC registry, unless expressly allowed under the DNC provisions, applicable laws and regulations. In addition to our rights under such provisions, laws and regulations, do note that if you have given us consent to send you marketing messages, we may continue sending you marketing or any other messages until you withdraw your consent to The Singapore Mint, with by way of registration with the DNC Registry or otherwise notifying us of such withdrawal of consent.
Access to and correction of Personal Information You may, at any time, requests details of their Personal Information that The Singapore Mint has collected from you, or information relating to the The Singapore Mint's use and disclosure of his Personal Information.
The Singapore Mint has the discretion to decide whether to provide the requested information and the terms on which the said information is provided to you. The Singapore Mint has the discretion to refuse to provide the requested information in the following situations:
- Information requested would reveal Personal Information that cannot be disclosed by The Singapore Mint on the grounds of public policy, legal, security or commercial proprietary reasons;
- The request would be too costly for The Singapore Mint to comply with; or
- The request is frivolous or vexatious.
If you would like a copy of your personal data being held by The Singapore Mint, please contact our Data Protection Officer, at the contact particulars set out below. The following administrative charges shall be applicable:
(a) If you are requesting for information on your personal data held by The Singapore Mint, the fees chargeable for the request is S$ 80.00;
(b) If you are requesting for information on your personal data by The Singapore Mint as well as a copy of such data, the fees chargeable for the request is S$ 160.00.
We will need 30 working days to process your request for access to your personal data.
You also, at any time, contact The Singapore Mint's Data Protection Officer ("DPO"), to amend his Personal Information on the basis that the Personal Information collected or maintained by The Singapore Mint is inaccurate or incomplete. Satisfactory evidence (in the sole discretion of The Singapore Mint) must be provided to prove the inaccuracy or incompleteness of the Personal Information. The Singapore Mint will correct its records after the request has been verified and approved.
Your Personal Information will not be kept longer than necessary. In addition, your Personal Information that we possess will be destroyed if you apply to deregister your records.
The Singapore Mint reserves the right to amend its data protection policy and the information it has published in relation to the said policy from time to time. While The Singapore Mint takes reasonable care to ensure that information published about its said policy is up-to-date, The Singapore Mint does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of such information.
To keep you in control of your personal information and the communications sent to you, you may opt out of the following services: (a) receiving communications from The Singapore Mint and our affiliates about new features, products or services; and (b) receiving communications about offers from third-party companies that offer a product or a service that The Singapore Mint thinks would be of value to you. If you object to any of the above services for any reason, you may stop that service via the following communication channels:
For more information about PDPA, please visit the Personal Data Protection Commission's website at http://www.pdpc.gov.sg
Canadian Maple Leaf Bullion Coins Buyback Terms & Conditions
Buyback of Canadian Maple Leaf Bullion coins are subjected to the following conditions:
1. Coins must be purchased from The Singapore Mint. Proof of purchase is required.
2. Each coin must be packed in original sealed plastic without any form of tampering.
3. Each coin must be in good condition without any major dents or scratches.
The Management reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of buyback without prior notice.