Hogwarts School 8gm 925 Silver Proof Coin 25th Anniversary of Harry Potter
Member Price: S$120.00
Availability Date: End May 2023
• Fourth coin in the 25th Anniversary of HARRY POTTER Coin Collection.
• The first time the wizarding world of the Harry Potter stories has been celebrated on UK coins
• This coin has a latent feature that displays a lightning bolt and the number 25
• The reverse design is based on the work of Jim Kay, the artist who created the first fully illustrated edition of this Harry Potter story
• The obverse design features the first coinage portrait of His Majesty The King
• These commemorative coins will not be going into circulation
• A magical gift for fans of the Harry Potter stories
• Made in partnership with Bloomsbury Publishing, The Blair Partnership and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
The idea for Harry Potter, the boy in glasses who didn’t yet know he was a wizard, first came to J.K. Rowling during a delayed train journey from Manchester to London. From that moment of magic, the Boy Who Lived was imagined into being – an unassuming, eleven-year-old hero destined to face terrible danger, but also find greatness within himself. In 1997, Bloomsbury Children’s Books published Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone – a spellbinding story about a boy wizard and his friends that has inspired a love of reading in countless young people all over the world.
To mark 25 years since the publication of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, The Royal Mint is celebrating this classic of children’s literature with a collection of UK coins. The reverse of each coin will feature an original illustration by Jim Kay, the artist who created the first fully illustrated edition of this Harry Potter story. The fourth coin design features Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
|Country Of Issue||United Kingdom|
|Product Type||Proof / Proof-Like Coin|
|Material||925 Fine Silver|
|Unit Of Measure||Pieces|