Harry Potter 8gm 925 Silver Proof Coin - 25th Anniversary of Harry Potter
Member Price: S$120.00
Get your hands on these new arrivals, and enjoy special promotional price for a limited time!
From now until 16 April 2023.
Limited quantities available, while stocks last.
Availability Date: End March 2023
- This four-coin series begins with a coin celebrating Harry Potter
- The first time the wizarding world of the Harry Potter stories has been celebrated on UK coins
- This coin has a latent feature that displays a lightning bolt and the number 25
- The reverse design is based on the work of Jim Kay, the artist who created the first fully illustrated edition of this Harry Potter story
- These commemorative coins will not be going into circulation
- A magical gift for fans of the Harry Potter stories
- Made in partnership with Bloomsbury Publishing, The Blair Partnership and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
The idea for Harry Potter, the boy in glasses who didn’t yet know he was a wizard, first came to J.K. Rowling during a delayed train journey from Manchester to London. From that moment of magic, the Boy Who Lived was imagined into being – an unassuming, eleven-year-old hero destined to face terrible danger, but also find greatness within himself. In 1997, Bloomsbury Children’s Books published Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone – a spellbinding story about a boy wizard and his friends that has inspired a love of reading in countless young people all over the world.
To mark 25 years since the publication of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, The Royal Mint is celebrating this classic of children’s literature with a collection of UK coins. The reverse of each coin will feature an original illustration by Jim Kay, the artist who created the first fully illustrated edition of this Harry Potter story. The first coin will feature Harry Potter, the boy wizard and hero of the books, followed by three more coin designs featuring the Hogwarts Express, Albus Dumbledore, and Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
|Country Of Issue||United Kingdom|
|Product Type||Proof / Proof-Like Coin|
|Material||925 Fine Silver|
|Unit Of Measure||Pieces|