Alexander Graham Bell 12gm 925 Silver Proof Coin
Member Price: S$130.00
Issue: Early October 2022
- Celebrate the incredible legacy of one of Britain’s greatest inventors
- The first time Alexander Graham Bell has been celebrated on a UK Coin
- Year-dated 2022 in commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the inventor’s death
- Features a cleverly created reverse design by the artist Henry Gray
- Accompanied by detailed packaging recounting the life and work of Alexander Graham Bell
On 10 March 1876, Alexander Graham Bell completely revolutionised the world of communication when he achieved the world’s first successful telephone transmission. Changing the way in which we communicate forever, his innovation of the telephone is arguably one of the most important breakthroughs in modern history.
Whilst Bell would go on to invent numerous other devices throughout his career, including the metal detector, his name is synonymous with telephone technology. During a golden age of invention, he remains one of the most important inventors of his time and many consider him a true audio visionary.
In 2022, we are proud to celebrate this brilliant inventor in the centenary year of his death with a commemorative UK £2 coin. Featuring a reverse
design by the talented artist Henry Gray, whose previous numismatic work also includes the reverse design for the British Red Cross UK 50p Coin, the coin depicts the dial of a push-button phone, along with the words ‘PIONEER OF THE TELEPHONE’ cleverly inscribed on the buttons.
|Country Of Issue||United Kingdom|
|Material||925 Fine Silver|
|Unit Of Measure||Pieces|