2023 Coronation King Charles III 2oz 999 Fine Gold Proof Coin
Member Price: S$11,800.00
Coin collection from End of May 2023 onwards
• Celebrates the historic accession and coronation of King Charles III
• Features the effigy of King Charles III on the obverse
• Reverse design features an engraved portrait of the King in military uniform
• Minted from 2oz of 0.9999 gold
• Designed by Fuller Design, Wellington, New Zealand
• Worldwide limited mintage of 50 pieces only!
For almost a thousand years, each monarch of Britain, and later New Zealand, has been crowned in a special ceremony months after their accession. A coronation is an important day in the history of the nation, a vibrant shared experience for the public, and an occasion of deep personal significance in the life of the monarch.
This 2oz gold coin features an engraved portrait of the King in his Queen’s Guard uniform. The surrounding design is inspired by the gold aiguillette worn by the military, typically as part of ceremonial attire for special events, or in recognition of an honour or achievement. The intricate background pattern is inspired by the embroidery on the collar of the Scots Guard uniform.
Each coin in this issue features a portrait of the King on the obverse. Wellington designer and illustrator Stephen Fuller developed the effigy to be used on New Zealand commemorative coins, and it was personally approved by the King.
|Label||Out Of Stock|
|Country Of Issue||New Zealand|
|Product Type||Proof / Proof-Like Coin|
|Unit Of Measure||Pieces|